We are dedicated doctoral psychologists and therapists specializing in CBT & ACT therapy and Autism (ADOS-2 and ADI-R), Learning Disability, and ADHD testing. Leveraging our psychological background and consulting experience, we also offer leadership development consulting.
Our areas of expertise include: Autism, ADHD, Gifted, Learning Disability (e.g., Dyslexia), Anxiety management, & career development.
Our mission is to enhance the career and academic performance, leadership skills, and mental health of culturally diverse adults, children, and teens in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Telehealth services offered throughout the state of Florida. Hablamos español.
- Through precise testing and diagnosing, we identify how a disorder impacts brain-related, emotional, behavioral, academic, and vocational functioning. Subsequently, we offer tailored recommendations related to IEPs/504 plans, testing accommodations, and treatment plans. In terms of testing and evaluations, we serve children 4+, teens, and adults.
- We offer structured therapy to treat teens and adults with Anxiety, ADHD, OCD, Career or Academic Decision-making Concerns, Health Conditions, Trauma, and Mild-to-Moderate Depression. We were trained at the Ph.D. level and have pursued continuing education in: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Social Cognitive Career Theory, and Multicultural Counseling.
- With previous experience in consulting firms, we also offer evidence-based consulting and coaching for diverse organizations and leaders.
Why Choose Us For Testing?
- Our PhD psychology level of education, skills, client-focused, and culturally humble approach differentiate us. Our PhD-level licensed psychologists complete all steps in our process. None of these steps are outsourced to another practitioner or psychometrist, like in many other practices. This ensures the right diagnosis and recommendations are provided, which can be life-changing.
- As PhD-level licensed psychologists, we can formally diagnose and treat a range of concerns, including Autism, ADHD, Executive Functioning Issues, Learning Disabilities, Anxiety, Burnout, and more for children, teens, and adults of all ages.
- We can administer a full range of standardized assessments that, based on the latest science, should be used to diagnose most mental disorders properly.
- Mental health concerns are complex, and they can co-occur with one another at high rates. We believe in using a variety of standardized tests to make the right diagnoses. We do not believe in using one clinical interview or assessment to diagnose—this would not yield helpful, long-term, or accurate results for our clients.
- We also believe in accurately assessing a client’s functioning across different areas. We take our time to assess these areas, so we can clearly explain your strengths and weaknesses in learning, thinking, reasoning, socializing, processing, using executive functioning, recalling, retrieving, memorizing, and more. We use advanced statistics and clinical experience to inform this entire process.
- Because insurance restrictions do not limit us, we take time to understand you and precisely what assessments we recommend.
- After a collaborative process of intake(s), standardized testing conducted by a psychologist, and a 30-60+ page report of your results written by a psychologist, we can recommend actions to address mental health, work/career, and educational concerns. Full recommendations for IEPs and 504 plans can be offered if applicable. Treatment options in our office are also available if applicable.
Why Choose Us For Therapy?
- Our licensed psychologists offer treatments and therapies, like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Exposure and Response Prevention, Executive Functioning coaching, leadership and career coaching, and more.
- Licensed therapists provide our therapies with the highest level of education (PhD) possible. A PhD (vs a PsyD) in psychology degree means a provider learned how to do empirical research entirely because they completed different research studies using their own data and advanced statistical analyses. A PhD in psychology degree also indicates a provider learned how to practice therapy/coaching and use objective, standardized assessments to diagnose.
- Our therapists are licensed, so they do not require supervision by any other person. This can mean a higher level of confidentiality and experience.
- Our therapists can integrate different therapies at the same time to address different diagnoses, making the process efficient and effective. Our therapists have received intensive training in ACT, Executive Functioning, and CBT.
- Our therapists can build relationships and encourage behavior change with culturally diverse individuals, including Spanish-speaking Latina and Latino clients.
- The right diagnosis and treatment can make a difference in your or your child’s life and mental and physical health; we never take this privilege lightly.
Have questions? Send a message or call 813-421-2375. For the fastest response, please send us a message through our contact form.
- 10 years of Evidence-based Testing, Therapy, and Consulting Experience
- PsychologyToday.com Special Contributor: psychologytoday.com/us/blog/closing-professional-gaps
- Direct Experience in School Systems Providing and Coordinating Care for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Direct Experience in University Settings Providing and Coordinating Care for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Extensive Experience in Providing Services for the Private Sector as a Cross-industry Leadership Development Consultant
- Step Up for Students Vendor
- Registered Florida Vendor of Other Services
- Certified Autism Clinical Specialist
- Executive Functioning Mastery Course Completion
- Experience in Quick Turnaround Time for Services
- Peer-Reviewed & Scientific Publications on Enhancing Mental Health and Well-being
- Doctoral Training in the Following Treatment and Theoretical Approaches: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Multicultural Theory, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy & More
- University of Florida’s Doctoral-level Training and Courses in Statistics and Conducting Psychological Science Research, Cognitive Psychological Assessments, and Personality and Emotional Psychological Assessments
- Continuing Education in Autism Spectrum Disorder Evaluations and Treatment, Neuropsychological Functioning (e.g., Executive Functioning, Memory) Evaluation and Treatment, and Psychoeducational Evaluations and Treatment
Our ADHD or ADD evaluation process-like our other diagnostic processes-is conducted by a Ph.D. licensed psychologist from beginning to end. Our process is guided by the evaluation’s goals…
We assess for Autism Spectrum Disorder among toddlers, children, teens, and adults using the ADOS 2 and other clinically recommended measures. The ADOS 2 (Autism Diagnostic Schedule, Second Edition) is a specific standardized and observational assessment.
Leadership Development Consulting
We provide leadership development consulting (including group training programs and leadership coaching) to organizations and leaders seeking to maximize their impact, skills, and competencies.
Evidence-based individual therapies, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Multicultural Therapy, are therapies that have been scientifically supported across studies for multiple years.
Neuropsychological evaluations, including memory, language, executive functioning, attention, visuospatial, and learning evaluations, can help answer questions about brain-related functioning.
Psychological assessments and evaluations objectively clarify the diagnoses and strengths of each individual with the intent of improving functioning or providing accommodations.
We offer gifted assessments for children, teens, and adults. These evaluations can provide a child or teen with the coursework and educational programming commensurate with her or his abilities. We provide evaluations consistent with individualized goals..
Learning Disability Testing
Learning disability evaluations for Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, or Dyscalculia are typically used to provide evidence of a Specific Learning Disorder as well as to identify academic strengths and weaknesses.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children & Adults
Evidence-based therapies, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, are psychotherapies that have been scientifically supported in treating anxiety disorders, ADHD, stress, health conditions, and more.
Treatment for anxiety disorders typically involves a combination of therapy, medication, and lifestyle changes.