The ADOS 2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, 2nd Edition) is an Autism test that was developed from clinical research on Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). With over 10 years of experience in diagnosing Autism among all ages, we use the ADOS 2 and more to score social and communication skills and restricted behaviors.
We recommend the ADOS 2 and related standardized tests to diagnose ASD (including Asperger’s Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, and “high-functioning” Autism). We use specific tests that are often required to document an ASD diagnosis for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy.
Based on the evaluation goals you have, we can provide a specific diagnosis; treatment suggestions; and career or school accommodations.
Because we strive for comprehensive testing, we may also recommend IQ, adaptive functioning, behavioral functioning, or other assessments.
As a Ph.D. level psychologist, I will conduct the evaluation with you or your toddler or child to include:
- Complete clinical interview with parents or guardians and/or client
- Thorough review of clinical records
- Thorough review of academic records
- Administration of the ADOS 2 concomitantly with other standardized assessments deemed appropriate
- Scientifically-driven interpretation of all assessment and record data
- Concise and comprehensive written report by the psychologist with the results and recommendations connected to evaluation goals
- One-on-one feedback session with parents or guardians and/or client to review the findings and answer any questions
- Additional support documents, such as letters of authorization or referrals for ABA Therapy if clinically recommended
- Note: Photo above is by Caleb Woods from Unsplash