Neuropsychological evaluations, including memory, language, executive functioning, attention, visuospatial, and learning evaluations, can help answer questions about brain-related functioning. These assessments can help identify underlying reasons for a person’s cognitive, academic, interpersonal, or workplace deficits, particularly if it is suspected that an area of the brain is implicated.
As with our other testing processes, we first identify your goals for the testing. We recommend and administer specific standardized assessments that allow us to determine the how and why of your concerns. Based on a detailed and careful interpretation of the results, we then aim to meet the goals of the evaluation. Our process includes:
- Comprehensive clinical interviews and any relevant review of records
- Administration of standardized neuropsychological tests and assessments
- Detailed and personalized interpretation of all assessment results
- A comprehensive and detailed report written directly by the psychologist with the findings and recommendations specific to the evaluation goals
- Feedback session with the client or parents/guardians to review the written report, and results and to answer any questions without time restraints
- Photo above by Robina Weermeijer on unsplash